A "Typical" Visit
We are not sure there is a "typical" visit, but if there is, this is what it might look like.
- Park and feed the meters (except in the evenings and on weekends).
- Explore the 4-H Children's Garden - "experience plants" (this could take from 30 minutes to 3 hours).
- Take lots of pictures.
- Enjoy a snack in the garden.
- Do the 4-H Children's Garden scavenger hunt.
- Explore the QR Codes in the garden (this requires a smart phone and Scan app).
- Bathroom break - there is a porta-potty just outside the 4-H Children's Garden or you can go inside the building (once inside, follow the blue line).
- Explore the Pete & Sally Smith Schoolyard Demonstration Garden
- Enjoy a picnic lunch in the garden.
- Get a MSU Dairy Store ice cream snack from the Visitor's Information Booth (or if it is not open you can easily walk to the dairy store).
- Explore the rest of the Horticulture Gardens - Perennial Display, Annual Trials, Roses and Vegetable Garden.
- Visit the 4-H Children's Garden to dance on the Dance Chimes once more!
- Pack everything up and head for the car.
- Talk about all the fun you had at the gardens as you drive home.
- Start planning your next trip to the 4-H Children's Gardens.
We hope you enjoy your visit and look forward to seeing you in the gardens again real soon!